that you became my princess
Let's toast to our world of love
a world of sweet romance
© Samuel junior Irusota

#ANSAPoetOfTheWeekContest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

A Review of "World of Romance" by Samuel Junior Irusota.

This poem has the ring of those sort of words young lovers tell their partners whom they are in love with.

In this poem, the personae recollects back to how the blossoming love life began. This event is the same with majority of lovers, the personae remarks thus: "Your charming eyes stole my heart ... From the day/i set my eyes on you ..." Ever since their meet, the love they share had no better yesterday, for them, they live in a "world of love/ a world of sweet romance."

The personae tells us that before this meet, the personae lived in a world of "wounds and pain", the reason for this is not provided by the personae. However, heartbreak can be read into the line as a possible source for the "wounds and pain" the personae felt. But all this, the personae tells us "heals" the first day their eyes met. What a love!

The subject matter of the poem is love. The themes include: pain, happiness and infatuation.

Recommendations:
The poet should make use of punctuation marks. Because he did not employ them in his piece, it made the poem difficult to read. For example, it becomes difficult to pinpoint which line the simile "like the early morning rain" is in comparison with.

Also, the poet should work on his grammatic constructions (spellings, tense etc). The word "met" in line 6 should be "meant". The words "just me and you" in that line are needless.

Lawal Eneye.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria