2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Vikjtaar
(@vikjtaar)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

BLOOD SISTERS

Taye and Kehinde were identical twins who loved each other like the tongue loved the mouth; they couldn't do without each other like the head and hair.

"Every twins hail from Isokun.
A relative of monkeys you are,
Hoping and jumping from a tree branch to the other.
Jumping helter-skelter, you landed in a wretched man's place,
Turning around his misfortunes.
A rare set of children that command undue
honour and respect from their parents..." their mom would always sing their praise whenever they were angry.

How unfair life could be, they lost their mom in a car accident, on her way to a ceremony. Years had passed and they recovered from their pain. Taye fell in love with Quadri, and the love she had for Kehinde was divided. Her attention was drawn to Quadri that it got to a point she gave no listening ear to her second. They usually slept in bed together, but with Taiye's new found love, she passed the night at Quadri's place.

Jealousy cobwebbed Kehinde's heart, she could no longer take it. She looked to destroy their relationship, so Taiye could have more time for her. Thankfully for her, their birthday was to come up in three days' time, and Quadri promised to celebrate it for the them.

Kehinde smirked mischievously as she was the first to sit at the dining table, waiting for Taiye to arrive with her boyfriend. She served three plates of rice with cold drinks in different tumblers. There was a particular seat Taiye loved to sit on, so she was cocksure she'd seat there, believing that Quadri would sit on another.

Kehinde emptied a poisonous substance into Quadri's drink and moistened her lips, imagining how he'd say goodbye to earth. As soon as she went into the toilet to ease herself, her second and Quadri came in.

"Wow, baby has set the table already. Please dear, have your seat." They sat down as Kehinde had planned.

"Let me have your drink and you have mine." Taiye proposed to Quadri, winking at him. Quadri agreed, taking his meal.

"Welcome, guys," Kehinde said, joining them on the table. They toasted and sipped their drinks.

"Have some of mine, Twinnie." Taiye fed Kehinde as they smiled.

It was not long when they both started coughing, squeezing their tummies in pain.

Kehinde's eyes widened in shock. "Did...did you take Quadri's drink?"

"Yes...I did. Ugh..." She winced.

"Oh... I... I... am sorry Taiye." Tears streamed down her face. "I intended to poison Quadri, not us. I missed your love, and..." she said, giving up the ghost.

Quadri gawped, he stopped eating and ran up to Taiye who was almost dead. "Please, don't die, my...my love." Tears welled up his eyes as life left his love.

Victor Apata
©Vikjtaar

#ANSAShortStoryContest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Work needs to be thoroughly edited.

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria