2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Vikjtaar
(@vikjtaar)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

THE ONE I WANT

Roy on his pyjamas strolled to the balcony. He placed his hands on the railings, staring at the celestial bodies of the night that decorated the sky. Roy heaved a sigh as a smile crossed his lips. Butterflies flew in his belly; his body language could tell that he was excited.

"Pauline," he whispered with his eyes shut, viewing the beautiful face that would soon be his wife in a couple days' time. Her hair was coral-black and it plunged over her shoulders. Her blossom soft saccharine sweet lips, shiny halo-white teeth, dainty nose and her bubbly outlook compelled Roy's smile to reveal his charming diastema.

Wonderment radiated through Roy; he didn't believe Pauline would be his woman in the end. He moistened his lower lip, catching memories of how she turned him down times without number. One moment his mind flashed past was when she said to him, "I don't like you, and I don't want you." He chuckled, pulling his beard.

"But now, we love each other, and we want each other," he said softly, as happiness streaked through him like a comet.

"Roy, you make me feel loved, and your love is just like the morning dew, which flows from the throne of the Creator. It's gone so deep in my heart that nothing on earth can spoil it. My heart can't hide it this very moment. I love you too, and I say yes to being your better half." Those beautiful words by Pauline reechoed in Roy's head. He slowly walked back to his room and plonked down his bed. He wrapped his arms around his pillow and laid his head on it. Roy pressed his lips into thin lines as dimples formed on his cheeks.

"In the next forty-eight hours, we'd be one, Pauline," he mumbled. "I promise never to let you down. It is for better, for worse." He buried his face in the pillow, eagerly waiting for the day to arrive.

Victor Apata
©Vikjtaar

#ANSAShortStoryContest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Story needs more content, more depth, more colour...

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria