Lesson from the Market

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Kristine
(@kristine)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

So on this particularly hot afternoon, I went to the market to buy meat so I could cook. I picked a meat seller at random and decided to buy from him even though a small voice at the back of my head told me not to but I was like ' let me try someone new instead of my regular customer'. So I got there and I told him how much meat I wanted but the quantity he gave me was too small for the amount I was buying. When I pointed it out, he rudely told me to use the scale to buy next time instead of complaining. That irritated me so I told him that I mistakenly entered his stall today but there won't be a next time.

Well long story made short, we didn't end up fighting and I still bought the meat anyway. Now why am I bothering you with these details? I can assure you its not because am shocked by the experience, nah, it happens once in a while if not all the time in most markets. Here is why I decided to share this story.

As I got home and I thought about what happened, I was a bit angry, not at the meat seller but at myself. Yea, he was rude to me and probably lacked good business sense but I had a choice as to how I react. I let his harsh words determine my reaction and so I responded in the same way. Well the deed was already done but I promised myself I'll make a conscious effort not to allow people's attitude determine my reaction.

How many times in our day to day activities do we meet people who irritate and get on our nerves? Probably more times than you can count, well that's people for you. But you have a choice as to how you react, its not easy and it requires a conscious effort from you. Its tempting to lash back when we someone says something harsh but we can choose not to. Don't let other people's action determine your reaction!

#AnsaNonfictionwriteroftheweekcontest

©Emmanuel christianah

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Lesson well learnt.

Avoid using abbreviations like 'am' in your write-ups. Also learn how to use its and it's.

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria