Yahoo Yahoo

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Mumeen Ameen
(@mumeen-ameen)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

"This Prince guy go just dey showoff with im ride every time." Douglas said as he moved away from the tinted window.

"Which one kon be your own?" Tunde scolded.

"No be say I dey jealous. Me sef wan get lappy." Douglas replied in defense.

"What makes you so sure Prince is a fraudster?" Tunde asked.

"His iPhone, his Benz, his laptop, his lifestyle; no body fit tell me say Prince no dey press key." Douglas blurted.

"I think you should be guided Douglas." Tunde cautioned.

"Like you know I need guidance from Prince. My own dog no go carry last." Douglas laughed.

"Silly wordplay." Tunde murmured as he left the room.

Douglas went to meet Prince the following week to teach him the ways of the "internet". But Prince declined, he told Douglas he was no fraudster and that the only internet way he knew was buying and selling of cryptocurrency.

Douglas returned to his apartment disappointed. "That Prince guy nah scam jare." He said before falling into the plastic chair positioned in the far corner of his room.

"Baba, no break my chair oo." Tunde said calmly.

"No worry me abeg." Douglas replied.

Tunde said in a foreign accent; "I told you you needed guidance, but you chose to get it from Prince."

"Wetin dey do this one?" Douglas looked at Tunde scornfully.

"All I'm trying to say is, you don't need a laptop when you've got this." Tunde flashed his smartphone.

Douglas was numb and Tunde continued; "Your dog no go fit carry last if you listen to my instructions."

"So, you are a fraudster?" Douglas asked in disbelief.

"A low-key G-boy. No showoff, no flashy things; the only thing that shines is in my bank account. Tunde said with a smirk.

"Walahi, you fit kill person. You dey the game naim you make me go through that stress." Douglas said angrily.

"I had to be sure you were serious about it. So, what do you say? Are you in or out? Tunde asked.

"What choice have i got? I'm in." Douglas replied.

Not long, Tunde's client paid a huge sum of money into one of his accounts and he sent Douglas to the bank with a filled cheque. He promised to give Douglas 40% of the money but Douglas had his own plan.

Douglas got to the bank and presented the cheque to the Cashier.
"Good morning Sir!!" The Cashier greeted but Douglas only nodded his head in reply.

"Sir, did you come with a plastic bag?" The Cashier asked.

"Don't the bank supply that?" Douglas replied.

"My bad Sir, let me get you one then. Please get seated." The Cashier said before leaving the counter.

Douglas sat for ten minutes before his palms and face became sweaty. He saw the Cashier with no plastic bag but with two security men.

© Aminu Abdulmumeen
#ANSAFlashFictionContest

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Mumeen Ameen

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Interesting...

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria