FORGIVE ME

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Vikjtaar
(@vikjtaar)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

I have been indoors for two days now, with my cloths soaked with sweat and unceasing tears. I have cried a river, and I have no more tears to shed. "Forgive me, dear," have been my only words, even though I know that you can't hear me again.

Last night, my wife and I had a fight; she had added more sugar inside my tea, which I frowned at and made me erupt in anger. Before she could apologize, I had spewed silly words. This made her become unapologetic. She heaved a sigh, dropped the spoon with her on the dining table, and turned to leave.

I rose to my feet, grabbed her by her hand and pulled her back. Tina, our seven years old daughter, who was taking her bread in bits, fixed her gaze on me with parted lips. I knew she was surprised with my actions. I ignored her and pulled her mom closer to me.

She struggled to get herself out of my hand, but I shouted at her. She shivered, looking away.

Would just adding more sugar to my tea have caused me to boil in anger? No. Mr. Francis, our Managing Director had asked me to deposit some amount of money into his wife's account. On my way to the bank, I lost the money. I still don't know how it happened. I had to get some money from my account and send it to her. I drove back to the office to find more work on my table. It made me mad within, but what could I do?

I looked at my wife, never minding her protruding tummy. She was eight months pregnant. I hit her there like a boxer and poured the hot tea on her face.

On the ground, she landed, screaming and crying for help. I ignored her cry and went upstairs.

For almost half an hour, I could hear her voice and her daughter's calling for help. When it was almost an hour, I wasn't hearing their voices anymore. By then, anger had vanished away, and I was calm.

As I looked down, what I saw appeared like a dream to me. I blinked my eyes and scratched them. I saw blood flowing on the staircase with Tina lying dead. I saw my wife in pool of blood. Oh, Tina must have tried to climb up with the nylon socks on her feet, and had fallen down.

Hot tears welled up my eyes, as I slowly walked down with fear. I carried Tina and moved her to her mom; I asked them to come back and stay. I cried out to them, but neither answered me. "Forgive me," I pleaded.

A man who couldn't control his temper I was. I destroyed my family and became one with no one. If only I had watched it, it won't have been this. "Forgive me, Tina; forgive me, dear."

#ANSAShortStoryContest

Victor Apata
©Vikjtaar

Topic Tags
Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Strong message!

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria