2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ajmaverick
(@ajmaverick)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

NO GREATER LOVE

He raised his head and stared at her. Her amusement gone, Cecilia smiled a bit happily. 

"God knows that I've tried. But I can't seem to contain the situation. You're arguably easy to love, John. Thugs like you always are, you're definitely one. But I won't be foolish enough to trust that I'd seize the wind in my hands, so don't be scared that I'd be staying in your life. Clinging or staying? No! I don't want diamond rings or these deceitful bedroom teases. Just a wild and wide adventure, it won't be difficult for you, I won't make it. I will not wave my hands to you when you decide to walk away too. "

"Good heavens! Please stop.... "

"Being noble? " She cut in, her fine voice overcoming his ugly one. "Isn't that your expertise? " 

John turned away from her, pacified the room and hid his face from hers. 

"I don't want to hurt you. "

"Surely, verily, what else is left? I know that and I score you a maximum 99 out of 100 for such valiant effort" 

They both smiled. John looked into her eyes, he could see the sparkles in there. He was scared, he definitely was. He stood akimbo and skipped breathe deliberately, he could start telling stories again like he used to do. But he knew they were helpless now, not to her and not to him. 

" 99 out of 100?. Well, it stops here " Each word he spoke was followed by steps of finality. "If you want to lurk around in dangerous circles, search for some other thug to show you how. " He smiled shortly, waved to her and slammed the door behind him. 

Cecilia gazed at the spot where he'd stood long after he departed. Then, rapidly, she started smiling and it changed from giggles to chuckles and all others. She was happy things were; she decided smoothly, cheerfully, definitely and finally looking up. 

She jumped on her feet repeatedly until her own body was showing symptoms of a needed break, she reached for the fridge, got a glass of water and drank. She quickly filled her diary for the day without stress. It was the sweetest she'd ever filled. 

She went inside her room, leaving her jacket behind, on the settee. She kicked everything In her way. 

"Tomorrow is another day" she growled. 

© Aj Maverick

©Aj Maverick 

#AnsaFlashFictionContest#

am3mm10@ptsolest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Needs to be properly edited.

Let's start with this:

John turned away from her, pacified the room and hid his face from hers. (You mean he paced the room?)

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria