PATERNITY TEST

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ben James
(@iammastermind)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

It was Martins' turn so he walked confidently to the table. The panel was made up of the headmaster, head teacher and his teacher. He wasn't nervous like others, this caught the panelists' attention. 

"Your name is..?"

"Shehu Martins sir", he replied the headmaster.

"I like you, you are bold." The headmaster  commended to which he just smiled.

"So, your First name is Shehu?" The head master asked.

"No sir, it's Martins", he replied smartly. They all looked astounded as none of the previous pupils from primary five got it right. They either responded "yes" or nodded in confusion.

The headmaster continued, "So, Martins is your first name?"

"Correct sir"

"That makes Shehu your what?"

"My mother's manfriend's name sir" He responded. They became confused. 

"Sorry, we mean is Shehu your surname?" His class teacher rephrased in simpler term.

"No sir, Mr Shehu isn't my father sir" He said. They thought he was only being childish or perherps playing a prank on them. They tried to convince him about the correctness of his surname being Shehu for the fact that that was what he was registered by at the school but he would not budge,

They then asked who his father was, "Musa sir", he replied.

They tried to persuade him but he maintained that Musa was his father and not Shehu. 

"But your surname is Shehu, why would you say Musa?"

Knowing that they will never let him go if he doesn't yield, he decided to tell them the simple story of his small but complicated life.

"Sirs, If you live in my kind of house where our windows are the main entry and exit, you will doubt if even, Musa is my father. I am my mother's only surviving child, if the rest thirteen had been alive, they would have doubted if Uche, Patrick or Bola  or any of the others was their father because my mother was as a pothole in a highway.

At four, I was used to seeing Uncle Musa jump into my parent's bedroom. I really did not know then what happens but I remember he came more times than Chris, Bello, Baki and others. This is why I feel he must have been my father."

They were all dumbfounded. "So, is that all the proof you have?" They requested.

"No sir, I also noticed that I resemble him and he has been reallly nice to me. He usually take me to the food vendor every break time to buy me things which Mr Shehu at home doesn't do."

He replied pointing to the head teacher.

The headmaster and his teacher were awe-stricken as they turned to Mr Gambari Musa.

Mr Musa on the other hand was struggling with his seat. He became really sweaty and everywhere was silent till Martins' mother's bang of the door as she ran out of the PTA Meeting broke the ice...

© Ben James

#ANSAChildrenLiteratureOfTheWeekContest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Not particularly suited for Children's Literature.

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria