THE MAID

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Vikjtaar
(@vikjtaar)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

"Hmm," Payton the maid to the family of Tristan hummed as she walked languidly to the balcony, with tears blurring her vision. She shook her head and rested her blood stained hands on the railings. She could see the police trooping into the compound.

"Are you Payton who called us here some minutes ago?" asked Mr Isaac, the police officer.

"Yes! I called you to come here to arrest me. I committed murder!" she said as beads of sweat stood out on her face and blood trickled down.

"What?! Isn't this blood?" he moved closer to have a clearer look. "Arrest her!" he ordered the constables to go up and handcuff her.

"Hold on! Before you do, listen to what I have to say, else, I would stab myself!" she lifted up a blood stained knife, breathing hard.

"Okay! Hold on, guys! What do you have to say?!" he wore a stern look.

Payton shut her eyes as tears flowed freely. "I know I am done with life and life is done with me. I don't think anyone knows what I went through. I came here as an orphan to work for the family of Tristan, so I can use the cash earned at the end of the month to pay my younger brother's school fees. Mr Tristan, since the first day of my arrival had been having sex with me, alongside his two boys. I aborted for them three times each, but the last I had was for Mr Tristan. He pleaded I get rid of the pregnancy because of his wife that would soon return home from Germany. I made it clear it was not possible, because the Doctor warned me against it already, else, I'd have my womb perforated, and never have a child of mine. After much pleadings, I agreed to abort it. On my way out, a nurse rushed up to me and said that my womb had been removed completely. I wondered how come, but she made it known to me that she eavesdropped Mr Tristan and his children telling the Doctor to remove my womb, and that he'd be given a huge amount of money. I almost lost my mind and went home embittered. I prepared for them the best meal of theirs and drugged it. On the dining table, they slept off. I didn't know what to do. I took an intoxicating wine and got a knife from the kitchen. What else could have been done by me? I stabbed them all to death!"

"Jesus!" the policemen chorused, staring at one another.

"He is Lord! Be fast with what you've come to do!" she said as she dropped the knife with her.

©Vikjtaar
Apata Victor
#ANSAShortStoryContest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Needed twists and turns...

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria