I HOLD MY PEACE

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Yusuf Muyibat
(@yusuf-muyibat)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

When people talk about the most happiest day of their life, do they mean in their entire life? Well I did have the happiest of day and it is today. I was practically not in support of arranged marriage but not anymore, my family grant my inner wish by unknowing handing me over to my ten years old crush. Today being our wedding eve I found myself face to face with the man I trend his shadow for good ten years, our parents did it to solidify their company's partnership business. I don't know about Ben's feelings but this is like a dream coming true for me. Sitting beside the bed without words got me a bit worried about his natural coldness, then I see him reluctantly standing up, pulling his shirt and making my eyes buried in his bare body, they glittered, almost white. I tried to pull my eyes away but they seems to be glued, I can't let him find me like this. I struggled with my instinct which was telling me to steal the look. He turned then he cut me red handed. "I will be going in first." He said as he made for the bathroom. Just then I feel gathering storm inside me, a fire pulling the want to jump on him. It is almost the same with the feelings I fight every moment I ran into him. "God I want him." I cried silently.
The door to the bathroom flung open then he stood there as water dripped his coiled hair. "Do you want to have your bath." he gestured. "Oh, ok..." I stammered.

As I let the water wash my tender body, I think about the things I've always wanted to do with him, I feel very great by the thought. I saw him already in his white robe. Moving closer, I lose the side of me with shame as I hold him by his waist. He gradually turned then gave me a breathtaking kiss.

This is the moment I've always prayed for, he kissed my neck in a way that makes me yearn for more, as if he red my thoughts, he pushed me to the bed, just then I feel his skin touching mine, I felt it going in then just as much as I want to hold it, I screamed. He jerked up. "It this your first?" he asked. "Yes," I tried holding him back. He still managed to pull himself away. "The stress from the wedding is still there, I don't want to make you feel anymore pain, let's do this another time." He said, finalizing his decision. "who told him I can't take the so-called pain." I wanted to scream out, then I hold my peace as all I could do was stare and pray for the other day to fast come.

©Yusuf Muyibat Avosuahi
#Ansashortstoryoftheweekcontest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

"...handing me over to my ten years old crush..."

This is vague, ambiguous. Do you mean you've been crushing on the guy for 10 years or the guy himself is 10 years old? 

There are several other instances of ambiguity in the text. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria