2 Users
0 Likes
Zanathro Ogbu
(@zanathro-ogbu)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

*"The Living And The Dead"*

Mum,

If only i have a chance of reincarnating, I'd rather be born into abject poverty than into the exquisite things you have burdened me with. I'm sure my story wouldn't be have ended thus, being overwhelmed by depression. Despair and hopelessness are now plagues me, squashing my soul like the crack of a thousand black rocks knocking against my chest. All i see ahead is the looming darkness. Had I known, I would have snuffed out this very thing called life with the sweet dagger while I was yet in your womb.
Mum,I came to Onabisi University with the aim of carving out and solidifying the good foundation you had given me in life. But alas mom, Instead of presenting you with a degree certificate; i am sending you a suicide note. Its the irony of life,they call it.
Now, I must tell you with lumps in throat, a weary heart and tearfilled heart that you failed. You failed to teach me that life was more than books, the luxury and fancy of our That life was more than the vacations we enjoyed in The States, The Balhamas and in South Africa. You and Dad made life seem so sweet, yet, you killed me!
The university was a different ball game. Yemisi was the first to ever catch my fancy. Seeing her felt like heaven. Her arms was my best haven. She was a wild girl! She knew alot about life, love and romance. She disvirgened. She taught me how to have sex. I gradually got so obsessed with her, that I no longer knew the way to our lecture halls. She was a perfect cook. I cared less about studies or making you and daddy proud again.
But, after we've savored this love for just a semester, Yemisi broke up with me. I never dreamt this day would ever come. I mean, she's always acted so kind, so humble and respectful eventhough she was 2 years older than me. Clubbing, drinking and smoking became a new way of life. No doubt, I had lost focus completely.
Not long after I turned 18 in 300level, I got initiated into a cult group called The Flamingos. It was Dozie, rough-looking, quiet and fearless boy, who lured me into it. I had told him about Yemisi. How I loved her, and gave her my all and how she just walked up to me and said it was over. He smiled, and reassured me we'd get back to Yemisi, and her new boyfriend, Francis, a final year Law student. For once, I felt powerful. I joined others to embark on different operations and destroy many lives. Being assisted by Dozie and the other boys, I got Yemisi killed. No, slaughtered, butchered. We raped her, 7 of us. Then, we cut her parts, and stuffed it into a Ghana-must-go bag. We carried out this wicked act, on the day of Francis' final exam. Afterwards, we killed him too. We also cut his body in parts, then kept his head at the entrance of his lecture hall. I was sastified. It was sweet revenge!
Nemesis caught up with us in no time. We had a face-off with another tough cult group on campus. Lots of lives were lost, and school property destroyed. All of us were rusticated from school. Too ashamed to come back home to you and Dad, I lurked around town. I didn't repent from my wicked ways. Till I fell Ill. No one who say they kind of sickness, I wasn't getting any better after being admitted for days. The doctors had to run a series of tests on me, and they said I was down with not just HIV but full-blown AIDS. I had seen the early symptoms but ignored. I never took any medications. And here I am now, feel days to live.
Don't you see the wisest thing for me to do is to end this miserable life of mine myself. There's nothing more left! You and Dad gave me everything but failed to note that money isn't everything , it doesn't equate happiness or fulfilment. Let my story be a warning to other parents and young people. Goodbye world!

Your only son,
Kaycee.

AGU GODSDELIGHT AND OGBU VINCENT CHIEDOZIE.
#ANSAShortStoryCollaboOfTheWeekContest.

Zanathro Ogbu
(@zanathro-ogbu)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Extremely nice working with beautiful GodsDelight. She is such a great writer with passionate and appealing writing style.

ReplyQuote
Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Another great collabo. However, word count (707) exceeds the required limit (300-500).

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria