RECONCILIATION

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Vikjtaar
(@vikjtaar)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

It was past seven in the evening when Temi took slow steps to the window, rested her hands on the windowsill before biting her lower lip. She took in some air, then exhaled loudly. The clouds rumbled, the chirping crickets went silent, the breeze began its whooshing music, the trees began to dance, swaying from side as she squinted her eyes, observing.

Temi's lips soon curled upward as dimples formed on her cheeks.

"Doesn't it feel so good to know my husband will be coming back home tonight?" she said with a low voice. "After years of separation, he called for reconciliation. Who thinks living alone in this big mansion has been the best for me, or being a single mother?" she let out a sigh. "His son has missed him, so have I? I am glad I didn't accept my boss' offer to be with him tonight. Isn't this funny? He's been on my neck for over almost two years, and I would have gone for a date with him this night if Jibola hadn't called me in the morning," she chuckled, folding her arms. "Today is February fourteen. I can't wait to see Jibola, kneel down before him and be apologetic. I admit my mistakes, it's time to swallow my ego completely. This night will be a super one for me...uh, for us," she had her index finger in between her teeth as she raised flaunted her shoulders. "Well, I---"

"My love," said Jibola who wrapped his arms around her. He had crept in, stood behind her and eavesdropped every word of hers.

"Oh my God," she shivered at first before shutting her eyes and having her hands on his. "Jibola," she muttered.

"No words to say now, all I want is you. I have missed you," he pressed his cheek softly on hers, then planted kisses down her neck.

©Vikjtaar
Apata Victor
#ANSAFlashFictionOfTheWeekContest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

Needed more fire, more depth...

'He's been on my neck for over almost two years...' should be:

'He's been on my neck for almost (or nearly) two years...'

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria