MOTHER MUST DIE!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Ben James
(@iammastermind)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

“She beats the hell out of you, and then starve you sometimes. Last week, she decided that you will not come out to play just because you broke a plate while doing the dishes she forced you to do. Remember the last time you went out without telling her, do I need to remind you that that mark on your face was from the belt wound you got while she flogged you? And you still think she is your mother?” Jade who was getting emotional about his friend’s battered look recounted. May was still taking her time to process the information when they heard a knock on their basement door where she runs to so Jade can meet her. It was his cousin, Shawty. She was a lot older than her. As soon as she saw her, May started to weep more loudly, screaming “She is not my mother Shawty, she isn’t!” Shawty pulled her closer patting her back.

Calming down, she said, “Shawty, do you think she is my mother? Because I hate her so much, I wish she dies!” Shawty raised her head up, looked her in the eye and said, “May, can I tell you a story?” She nodded in affirmation.

“My mother once told me a story when she overhead me saying I hated her because she punished me for a wrong. She said a girl as beautiful and intelligent as you once was born to a cute family like mum and dad’s. She was their only child and the apple of their eyes. But as opposed to popular custom of spoiling an only child, the old couple decided they were going to breed decency and nothing less. This mostly appeared to the little girl and outsiders like maltreatment for she was usually beaten for even the tiniest of offenses. 

One day, her mother came home and met unwashed the dishes. She quickly took her belt, flogged her till she cried every tear in her eyes. She later did the dishes, ran into her room, locked the door and laid down on her bed hurt and angry. She sudden started to cry again, and just then she shouted on top of her voice, “Mother must die!” Almost immediately, she heard a loud scream from outside. She rushed out and met her mother groaning on the floor barely breathing. Before she could help, there was blood everywhere and her mother was soon dead.”

My mother told me, there are demons that use our words to commit evil and we must be careful. Our parents love and mean us well and not harm. So, from today, obey her and complain only politely okay. Let’s go inside. 

Then smart May asked, “But Shawty, was it really the demons that killed her mother? “No dear, her mother heard her shout and slipped down the stairs”. Okay Shawty, but still, I will be careful and just obey. I know mother loves me. "Good!" Shawty commended.

© Ben James

#ANSAChildrenLiteratureOfTheWeekContest

Ajmaverick
(@ajmaverick)
Member Customer

She beats the hell out of you to put in you heavens. ? 

am3mm10@ptsolest

ReplyQuote
Vikjtaar
(@vikjtaar)
Member Customer

Lol. I like this! Well done!

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria