THE FISHERMAN

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Vikjtaar
(@vikjtaar)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Once upon a time, in a village called Tirara, there lived a fisherman called Nuru. Everyday, he'd go to the river to catch some fishes and sell to people.

One day, as he was trying to get some fishes from the river, his coin fell into it. Nuru, known as one who never joked with money quickly dived into the water and went in search of his coin.

"Nuru," a mermaid called from behind him.

"Yes?" he turned around. "Oh, you goddess of the river, I am sure you stole my coin! Give it back to me, else I pour poison into this river and all the fishes would die!"

"Ah, please, don't. I am sorry that I already swallowed it, but don't worry, I will give you a stone--- it is very powerful. When you get home, lock yourself up in your house and put it on your table. Say 'Give me food' ten times. A lot of meals would come out. Eat as you want and be filled."

"Really? Okay."

Nuru went home with the stone and did as said. He ate and ate with his family alone.

Feeling excited, it crossed his mind to throw another coin into the river the following day, and threaten the mermaid once again.

When he did, he dived in again to ask for his coin, but the mermaid said it had been eaten. She gave him another stone. Nuru collected and did the magic again; he and his family ate like never before.

It crossed his mind to repeat the act again the next day, but this time, she gave him back his coin.

"No, give me the stone again, that's what I want."

Feeling annoyed, she gave him another stone. Nuru went home, locked the door and closed his windows, as butterflies flew in his belly and his family's.

"Give me food, give me food..."

A lot of big mosquitoes and bees jumped out of the stone, bit and stung him and his family. They cried and screamed for help, but before they could be rescued, an hour had passed. They had deep cuts, swollen bodies and felt weak.

Greed got the better side of Nuru, he learnt his lesson never to take advantage of everything in life.

©Vikjtaar
Apata Victor
#ANSAChildren'sLiteratureOfTheWeekContest

Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu
(@penkup)
Prominent Member Admin

A lesson well learnt... ? 

ReplyQuote
Share:
ANSA Nigeria